Easy Sourdough Starter Pizza Crust
This easy sourdough starter pizza crust is just 1 ingredients, sourdough starter. You can use sourdough discard or active sourdough starter to make pizza crust.
How To Make Sourdough Starter
It’s very easy to make sourdough starter. All you need are 2 ingredients, flour and water. To make a sourdough starter, follow my step-by-step process in my post Sourdough Starter Recipe.
How To Make 1-Ingredient Sourdough Pizza Crust
- Spread 2 cups of sourdough starter/discard on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Spread out evenly in a thin layer, about 1/4 inch thick. You can definitely make it thicker, just adjust the baking time.
- Place in a 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While it is baking, it may bubble. Simply take a fork and jab it one time so it will deflate.
- Pull pizza crust out of the oven, add your sauce and toppings, then place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
The Best Pizza Sauce Recipe
Pizza sauce can dramatically change the flavor of your pizza. I highly recommend making my simple pizza sauce recipe. It’s absolutely delicious and worth the added effort.
Sourdough starter pizza crust will crisp up nicely as long as you bake it long enough. If you find that your crust is wimpy, then put it back in the oven to crisp up. We make sourdough pizzas every Friday night at my parent’s house. We make 6-7 pizzas at a time and have 2 ovens going to get the job done!
How To Bulk Sourdough Starter To Make Pizzas
In order to make multiple sourdough starter pizzas, you must have a lot of sourdough starter. I start the process a few days before we decide to make pizza.
- 3 days before making pizzas, feed your sourdough starter 200-300g of water and flour.
- 2 days before making pizzas, feed your sourdough starter 300g of water and flour.
- 1 day before making pizzas, feed your sourdough starter 500g of water and flour.
This method always gives me enough sourdough starter to make 5-6 pizzas. I do have 2 sourdough starters that I bulk at the same time, because the next morning we enjoy sourdough pancakes (recipe coming soon).
Always leave about 1 cup of sourdough starter to continue feeding. If you use all of your sourdough starter, then you will have to start all over making a sourdough starter.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Easy 1-Ingredient Sourdough Starter Pizza Crust
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 2 cups sourdough starter active or discard works
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour 2 cups of sourdough starter on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Spread out evenly in a thin layer, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- If a large air bubble forms, simply pop it one time with a fork.
- Pull crust out of the oven, and add pizza sauce and toppings.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cut your pizza and enjoy!