Back to Basics
Marinated onions is a great way to add flavor to a dish. Once the onions are marinated the bitiness of the onion dissipates to a lovely mild flavor and texture.
Marinated Pickled Onions
Make these marinated onions to top on pizza or salads, and add to sub sandwiches to amp up the flavor of your dishes.
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a glass storage container add the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. No need to mix the ingredients together.
- Slice onion thinly, add onion rings to the marinade.
- Close the glass container with the lid, and shake the onions in the sauce.
- Leave the onions on the counter for 1-2 days, flipping the container over every 6 or so hours to give every onion piece a chance to absorb those flavors.
- As the onion sits, the juices will release giving you more liquid.
- After 2 days, refrigerate the onions for up to 5 days.
Please Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and I will receive a small compensation when you use my links to make a purchase. I would appreciate your support, as this website helps support my family.